Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rollagraph (Pow) - Day 3

Hi allAdd Image

Today is a very memorable and exciting day for me, not because its April Fools Day.......but because I got notification that the 4 project cards I submitted to Kaszazz have been accepted as Demonstration Projects...woohooo......

..... ...and............

I have been in Queensland 1 year today (I moved from SA).....Yes April Fools Day. Its hard to believe I have been here one year already, how time flies, and people said I wouldn't make it.

Now to todays project...

I gave myself a bit of a challenge today, I created a box with a flip lid using origami fold....great to put keepsakes in, photos, a mini fold album or even cards and given as a gift...It ties up with a ribbon on the side and the top flap opens like a book cover......half of the challenge was deciphering the instructions..well they were not written instructions ..but diagrams.

The rollagraph "Modern Butterflies" (26123) Jumbo Wheel was used around the edge of the inside part of the box..The Jumbo wheel was the perfect height for the edge of the box..... Of course I stamped the Bazzill before I folded it. I used Lyra Aquacolor Crayons to colour the butterflies(4540)

I used 1 1/2 sheets of Petunia (4400)12 x 12 Bazzill , half a sheet of Circle Dragonflies (47650) SB Paper 12 x 12 from our Gelati Range, some white card for decorating and some ribbon from 'Snow White" range (9599)., Glossy Accents, Dreams Vellum Quote (4410) "Life stamp (4131KI)

Of course you dont have to use a rollagraph on this box you can have the Bazzill plain or use double sided paper. The finished dimensions of the box are approximately 13cm x 13cm and 6 cm depth.

Pictures arnt as good as they should be as I had to rush them, As hubby got all romantic he had a special meal organised at the dining table with all the fine heirloom dishes and cutlery, the works....... (spoilt).

Here is the side view of the box showing the rollagraph wheel used.... the tricky part was to , make sure the butterflies ended up being the right way up when the Bazzill was folded.




This is inside of the box - lid open



This is the top view of the box



Don't forget to leave a comment to be in the draw for this weeks prize.

Check out all the other great creations for the other blog war participants...List is on the right hand side menu.

Til tomorrow...Happy Stamping

Cheers

6 comments:

  1. Wow this is awsome, I am butterfly mad and I so love how you have used it, I have to get me one of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren and Chrissy.:) your comments are greatly appreciated.
    Yes it is a gorgeous rollagraph with great detail, I love butterflies also..Kaszazz have another 2 wheels with butterflies in a garden/field scene...a jumbo wheel - "Butterfly Garden"(26138) which is gorgeous also, plus a regular wheel which is titled "Meadow"(33812).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thats gorgeous
    I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative. I just love it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, glad you love it, I hope it has given you some inkspiration.
    Cheers Jo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails